The second book in the Tales of Widowswood series, Emma and the Silk Thieves, is now available on Amazon Kindle. (The paperback versions are on the way, but I don’t have an exact date of when they’ll be available.)
Due to a schedule issue, the Facebook release party for Emma and the Silk Thieves is not the same day as the ebook launch, and is being held on Jan 9th from 5-7pm EST. This is an online only event via Facebook posting/commenting. All are welcome to join in to chat, hang out, and play games for prizes.
This is a first for my release parties, in that it’s scheduled a full week after the ebook went live on Amazon. As such, some people will have likely read the book (I hope) by the time of the party. This gave me an idea. I’m posting a trivia game here (and in the release party), based on Emma and the Silk Thieves.
The winner will receive a $20 Amazon gift card (US only as I have no way to gift to other Amazons).
The first person to answer all 20 questions correctly will win – or if no one gets them all correct by the time the party ends (Jan 9th at 7pm EST), the responder with the most correct questions answered will win.
Please do not post answers in the comments – email them to me at mcox2112 @gmail.com
—-( Questions )—-
1) What deity is the Harvest Festival held in honor of?
2) Why can’t Julianna participate in the hunt?
3) How many firefruit does Tam find?
4) Who sneaks up on Emma during the Harvest Festival?
5) What does Emma’s father do with his food that she thinks is awful?
6) When Emma tells Kimber “That’s not a storm.” What is it?
7) What flavor treat does Kimber pick?
8) Why does the lantern make Emma sad?
9) Name the young wolf who’s almost as big as Greyfang.
10) What almost happened to Guard Kavan when the thieves attacked?
11) What does Emma’s father want to do with their house?
12) Why did Emma’s father remain apparently oblivious to the family’s magic?
13) What is Kimber obsessed with finding/seeing?
14) Name the young village woman who is expecting a baby.
15) Which nature spirit protects Emma from stepping on thorns/rocks?
16) The family wakes up one morning to find a surprise in the house. What is it?
17) Who is afraid of Faeberry, and why?
18) What about the visiting skalds captures the kids’ curiosity?
19) Why does Kimber start babbling nonsense in the root cellar?
20) What is Tam obssessed with?